Cold Fusion Cloning Kit with Competent Cells (20 rxns) International Sales Only
- Usually Shipped in 5 Working Days
- 20 reactions
- Shipping Temperature:
- Dry Ice
Cold Fusion Cloning Kit with Competent Cells (20 rxns) International Sales Only. Cat# MC100A. Supplier: SBI System Biosciences
- Fast—get transformation-ready DNA in as little as twenty minutes
- Easy—a phosphatase-free and ligation-free system that eliminates the need for specific restriction enzymes
- Efficient—typically achieve >90% positive clones
- Versatile—add any insert into any site in any vector using manual or automated workflows
How It Works
Streamlining vector construction with Cold Fusion Cloning
Cold Fusion Cloning is a quick and easy way to place an insert—or multiple inserts simultaneously—into a linearized vector. The Cold Fusion Master mix contains a proprietary blend of enzymes that prepares DNA fragments ends for sequence-directed alignment. Homologous DNA ends are efficiently fused together and produce vector clones with great accuracy.
The four-step process is as follows (see workflow illustration below):
- Linearize your vector and amplify your insert using primers with at least 15 bp of homology to the ends of your linearized vector.
- Mix your PCR-amplified inserts with the linearized vector.
- Incubate for 5 minutes at room temperature and then 10 minutes on ice to fuse the insert to the linearized vector.
- Transform competent cells with the fusion mix. A typical Cold Fusion Cloning reaction delivers 90% positive clones.
See the results of a better way to clone