pPACK-SPIKE D614G Combo Kit, includes Cat# CVD19-530A-1, plus PureFection Transfection Reagent (Cat# LV750A-1) and PEG-it Virus Concentration solution (Cat# LV810A-1)
- Usually Shipped in 5 Working Days
- 1 kit
- Shipping Temperature:
- Blue Ice/ Dry Ice
pPACK-SPIKE D614G Combo Kit, includes Cat# CVD19-530A-1, plus PureFection Transfection Reagent (Cat# LV750A-1) and PEG-it Virus Concentration solution (Cat# LV810A-1). Cat# CVD19-550A-KIT. Supplier: SBI System Biosciences
Designed to efficiently package most third-generation lentivectors, the pPACK-SPIKE D614G SARS-CoV-2 “S” Pseudotype - D614G Mutant - Lentivector Packaging Mix speeds and simplifies the preparation of lentiviral particles pseudotyped with the SARS-CoV-2 D614G Spike glycoprotein. Based on SBI's highly cited pPACKH1 packaging system but with a truncated SARS-CoV-2 D614G Spike protein  replacing the standard VSV-G envelope protein, the pPACK-SPIKE D614G Packaging Mix consists of three plasmids that produce all of the structural and replication proteins needed to transcribe and package an RNA copy of an expression lentivector into recombinant, D614G “Spike” pseudotyped lentiviral particles. As a result, you can conduct a range of SARS-CoV-2 studies under BSL-2 conditions, including neutralization assays, studies of virus interactions with host surface proteins, and the development of vaccines and therapeutics.
For added convenience we also offer pPACK-BALD™, an envelope protein-free lentivector packaging mix that can be used as a negative control for pPACK-SPIKE D614G studies, or for creating lentivirus particles pseudotyped with the envelope protein of your choice. In addition, you can compare the D614G Spike protein to the Spike protein from the original Wuhan-Hu-1 strain with pPACK-SPIKE.
- Based on SBI’s popular and highly cited pPACKH1 Packaging System
- Uses codon-optimized SARS-CoV-2 D614G “S” protein in place of VSV-G envelope protein
- Efficiently incorporates the D614G Spike protein into pseudoviral particles due to a 19 aa C-terminal truncation 
- Ideal for COVID-19 research, such as neutralization assays, under BSL2 conditions
- Package any 3rd-generation lentivector reporter of your choice, including SBI’s popular LentiLabeler reporters
- Available as a packaging mix or bundled into a convenient kit that includes PureFection™ Transfection Reagent and PEG-it Virus Precipitation Solution
- Use with pPACK-BALD™, an envelope protein-free lentivector packaging system that is an ideal negative control
- Compare to the Spike protein from the original Wuhan-Hu-1 strain when you use pPACK-SPIKE
pPACK-SPIKE D614G SARS-CoV-2 “S” Pseudotype -D614G Mutant - Lentivector Packaging Mix is available as stand-alone packaging mixes with sufficient plasmids for 10 reactions (standard size) or 25 reactions (XL), as well as in a convenient kit format that includes PureFection™ Transfection Reagent and PEG-it Virus Precipitation Solution.
See all the available pPACK-SPIKE S protein variants:
How It Works