XCF COMPLETE Exosome and cfDNA Isolation Kit (for Serum and Plasma)
- Usually Shipped in 5 Working Days
- 20 rxn
- Shipping Temperature:
- Blue Ice
XCF COMPLETE Exosome and cfDNA Isolation Kit (for Serum and Plasma). Cat# XCF100A. Supplier: SBI System Biosciences
Expanding biomarker research capabilities
Accelerate and enhance your biomarker discovery and characterization studies with the XCF™ COMPLETE Exosome & cfDNA Isolation Kit. This unique, two-in-one product delivers simultaneous isolation of cell free DNA (cfDNA) and exosomal DNA from the same sample, streamlining sample processing and reducing the workload of separately isolating DNA from multiple sources. In addition, the isolated exosomes can also be analyzed for protein, lipid, miRNA, and metabolite content, efficiently broadening your biomarker discovery capabilities and enabling correlation and co-analysis of cfDNA biomarkers with exosomal biomarkers.With the growing recognition that circulating, cfDNA can provide critical information on diseases that are normally difficult to detect using standard approaches—including cancer and neurological disorders—the interest in liquid biopsy methods for biomarker discovery and disease research is on the rise. However, in addition to cfDNA, exosomes are also a rich source of biomarkers that are amenable to the straightforward liquid biopsy approach. To help scientists maximize their biomarker discovery, SBI has developed the XCF COMPLETE Exosome & cfDNA Isolation Kit, which enables quick and easy isolation of both exosomal DNA (in one aliquot) and cfDNA (in a separate aliquot) from a single serum or plasma sample.
- Comprehensive—with a single kit you can obtain two distinct sources of biomarkers from a single serum or plasma sample
- Labor-saving—requires less than thirty minutes of hands-on time
- Fully compatible—isolated DNA can be used in most downstream applications, such as qPCR and NGS
- Clean—minimal carryover of co-precipitating proteins, such as albumin and IgG, for good performance in sensitive downstream applications
- Flexible—choose the XCF COMPLETE Exosome & cfDNA Isolation Kit which includes ExoQuick for exosome and exosomal DNA isolation, or the XCF Exosomal DNA Isolation Kit if you just want to extract exosomal DNA from already-isolated exosomes
How It Works
Delivering a streamlined workflow for more comprehensive biomarker studies
With the XCF COMPLETE Exosome and cfDNA Isolation Kit, you get everything you need to efficiently isolate exosomal DNA and cfDNA from serum or plasma samples. Simply pretreat your sample, add the included ExoQuick® Exosome Isolation Reagent, and spin. Your exosomes will be in the pellet and can be processed for DNA isolation using the included kit components. The supernatant will contain the cfDNA, which can be isolated using the included spin columns.
Demonstrably high performance for biomarker research
SBI’s XCF™ COMPLETE Exosome & cfDNA Isolation Kit delivers high performance in a quick and easy workflow. Samples processed with the reagents in this kit show much lower protein carryover than untreated samples (Figure 1), the expected exosome particle size profile (Figure 2), excellent exosomal and cfDNA yields and quality (Figure 3), and the expected DNA sizes for both exosomal DNA and cfDNA (Figure 3).
Figure 1. The XCF COMPLETE Kit shows low protein carryover. Western blots of co-purifying human albumin (~67kD) and heavy-chain IgG (~50kD) comparing untreated serum and plasma (left two lanes) versus the same samples processed using the XCF Kit (right two lanes), show much less protein carryover in the samples processed using the XCF Kit. For each lane, 20 µg of total protein were loaded.
- Lo YM, et al.Maternal plasma DNA sequencing reveals the genome-wide genetic and mutational profile of the fetus. Sci Transl Med. 2(61):61ra91. PMID: 21148127.